Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I've been in a strange land

It's called Gaia. I'm embarrassed, but completely addicted to zOMG!, Gaia Online's MMORPG. The avatars are a rather childish anime theme, but the surrounding world & monsters aren't so saccharine. I'm also still very new so maybe things will get less silly as my "CL" gets past 200? I had to stop for a few days because my wrist is sore.

This is my avatar, masked for privacy:



Yes, those are heels and a sword. Anyway, the important things...

zOMG! is fast to pick up and a gentle start for the most nervous beginner (like I was). You've given some pretty good direction on where to go next with the Quest(s) that each NPC would like to give you. The system seems to be very polished, I only had a glitch where I was stuck in place one time. The interface of your "PDA", chat screen, information bars, etc. are easy to understand. The rewards for completing tasks and killing the pesky "Animated" are plenty and fun to collect. Serious gamers might laugh at this game, but I find the storyline to be engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Topics